Monday, March 26, 2018

It's all in your mindset

I have been working with a trainer for 11 weeks now for competition prep. It started out great. Lots of food. I had a hard time getting it all in. Slowly thru the weeks tho things got changed. More workouts and less food. I have a list inside one of my kitchen cabinet doors with my food plan for my training and non training days. This way I don't have to have it memorized or look it up on my phone every time it is time to eat. Every Monday night after my check ins I found myself opening the door and crossing off more food for the week to come. It really didn't bother me until one night I went to bed late so I was starting to get hungry. I decided to set my mind on the delicious protein shake I got in the morning before my workout. The next morning I checked my email before I worked out only to find that I was not getting anymore pre workout shakes!!! I was so sad! I loved my shake in the morning. I let it get to me for about 10 minutes. Then I realized well I guess I don't have to get up as early anymore! Not only that but when we travel I was taking my immersion blender so I could blend my pineapple or banana in my ISO Mutant shake so I realized I wouldn't need that to travel with anymore. For carbs for lunch or dinner I did a lot of sweet potato slices and would cook them before leaving the house when traveling. Now I don't get them for lunch OR dinner but guess what... less food to prep! I am still loving all the food that I get to eat. Seriously... I think it all tastes amazing and look forward to each meal/snack! I do look forward to increasing my food again but I am more excited to hit that stage in less than 4 weeks! Taking out the emotion you have connected with food will make reaching your health goals so much easier. In the past these changes would have messed with my mind for days if not weeks. It's just food. I look at food as what is it doing for me. Do I need a shake before working out? Nope. I went a lot of days without pre workout shakes in the past. I don't need it. What's the positive... less to do, more time to sleep or stretch.

This mindset has also helped me when it comes to my good friend... alcohol! I love a good drink. Martinis, margaritas, wine, Caesars (especially bloody marys in Wisconsin!) or just a good vodka soda with a lime! I thought this was going to be my biggest challenge in prep. Once I got to thinking about why I wanted a drink I knew I had more work to do on myself. I love a drink to be social or because I am stressed. I have found that in social situations I can order a virgin ceasar or a club soda with a lime and be totally happy! When I am stressed I have found that tea helps but watching a show or listening to self help book helps even more.

I would love to hear how you overcome changes you are not fond of at first!

                            













No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This blog started as a hobby for many reasons. It later became a way to keep the family up to date on our micro preemie baby, Ethan. Now as Ethan is nearing the 8 year mark with a little sister of 5 years I am finding a new reason to document on this blog.

Last year we were told by the school that Ethan had cerebral palsy, a blindspot and dyslexia. That is what started it all. I started taking him to doctors to find out what was going on and why this hasn't been discovered before now. In April 2017 we were told that he has executive functioning disorder. What the heck is EFD I thought?!?! After the doctor explaining it to us he basically said that if we don't start making changes now he could fall into the ADHD or possibly the autism category. Ok... so now what? What can we do?!? Well this blog is my way of documenting it all not only for me but also to help others find their way thru similar situations.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP