Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Ice cream for everyone... but me!

Some days are crazy.  Some days my kids are whining "I don't want to eat that again!"  Some days I rock it.  Like yesterday.  I picked up the kids and said "Mom made you ice cream and chocolate donates today!"  Yeah, they screamed like kids do when they see the ice cream truck turning the corner to their house.

So dessert last night was ice cream topped with chopped up donuts and melted fudge.  Morgan added some raspberries to hers too.




I found this amazing recipe for ice cream.  You can check it out here.  I borrowed a friends ice cream maker and it was awesome.  This looks like the closest model to the ice cream maker I used.  25 minutes is all it took to have coconut milk ice cream.  I made vanilla because the kids loved it and I didn't want to experiment on flavors... yet.

I also made donuts.  I used this recipe but didn't have a donut pan.  I have never liked extra kitchen appliances or gadgets as they are just clutter and I don't use them... until this past year!  I still don't want extra things tho so I decided to try my baby cakes maker before I ordered the donut pan or this donut maker.  So glad I did!  These turned out amazing in there.  I just filled the holes and cooked for 5 minutes.  Then I drizzled melted fudge on top for some "frosting."






For those of you that didn't see on my social media pages I found some ice cream in the store that my kids can eat!  It is called Screamin Brothers.  Right now it is only available in Canada.  They offer ice cream as well as fruit bars.  My kids love it!  They have them in small containers as well so that when we are on the road we can stop for ice cream in many grocery stores.  Now... they just need to start selling it in the states!



Spring is finally coming around here which has made my kids crazy for cold treats for some reason.  So another recipe I whipped up for them were "Marshmallow popsicles."  I basically just made a smoothie and put it in popsicle forms.  The "marshmallow" flavor was simply frozen bananas, coconut milk and a splash of maple syrup.  Blended and filled the the popsicles half full.  Then I made the same thing but added cocoa.  Blended and filled the popsicles all the way so that they had chocolate/marshmallow popsicles.  They loved them and they are so easy!



If you are wanting to change your eating habits but feel its so overwhelming... Ive been there.  I know exactly how you feel.  I am still making changes.  Just take one step at a time.  Make it your goal to start sliding the scale from processed and junk food to just a little bit more whole clean food.  You don't have to completely change your food in one week.  You will get a lot of resistance that way from your family as well as yourself.  One change at a time.  It's your life.  Your journey.  I am just here to show you what I have learned in hopes it helps you because you are worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This blog started as a hobby for many reasons. It later became a way to keep the family up to date on our micro preemie baby, Ethan. Now as Ethan is nearing the 8 year mark with a little sister of 5 years I am finding a new reason to document on this blog.

Last year we were told by the school that Ethan had cerebral palsy, a blindspot and dyslexia. That is what started it all. I started taking him to doctors to find out what was going on and why this hasn't been discovered before now. In April 2017 we were told that he has executive functioning disorder. What the heck is EFD I thought?!?! After the doctor explaining it to us he basically said that if we don't start making changes now he could fall into the ADHD or possibly the autism category. Ok... so now what? What can we do?!? Well this blog is my way of documenting it all not only for me but also to help others find their way thru similar situations.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP