Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A familiar face

A crazy thing happened yesterday. I was in line at Michael's to check out and the lady in front of me was trying to pull up her coupon through her email on her phone. I've been there. I know it takes forever to bring it up in the store for whatever reason. So for this reason I had taken a screen shot of my coupon earlier so I just offered to let her scan my phone. When the girl looked at me she looked so familiar. Immediately my mind went "was she a NICU nurse?" No that wasn't it. Then it clicked. So I asked her if she was a nurse and she said "I am" with this huge smile on her face. I responded with "you delivered my baby! (Morgan). She said " I did. I recognized you but couldn't say anything." I said "you were my favorite nurse and I was so bummed that I didn't have you as a nurse for long." She said " oh that's so sweet! Well maybe I'll deliver your next one." Of course I had to remind her of my tough pregnancies and there won't be anymore babies from me. She responded with"darn it, the good ones always stop breeding!" What's crazy is that I'm feeling like I want to have another!!! No, nothing will be reversed because my pregnancies were horrible and I'm grateful for my 2 babies I have.



1 comment:

  1. You do make Wonderful babies that is for sure, wish you could have a billion! But we will just love and spoil that two amazing children you have!!
    I bet that was so fun to run into her. It's those few people in those situations that make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

This blog started as a hobby for many reasons. It later became a way to keep the family up to date on our micro preemie baby, Ethan. Now as Ethan is nearing the 8 year mark with a little sister of 5 years I am finding a new reason to document on this blog.

Last year we were told by the school that Ethan had cerebral palsy, a blindspot and dyslexia. That is what started it all. I started taking him to doctors to find out what was going on and why this hasn't been discovered before now. In April 2017 we were told that he has executive functioning disorder. What the heck is EFD I thought?!?! After the doctor explaining it to us he basically said that if we don't start making changes now he could fall into the ADHD or possibly the autism category. Ok... so now what? What can we do?!? Well this blog is my way of documenting it all not only for me but also to help others find their way thru similar situations.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP